Upcoming workshops, seminars, courses, and educational events
As healthcare practitioners, clinicians, manual therapists, and trainers, we work with people everyday who may be injured, and often times exhausted and/or unmotivated. Just as often, we meet folks who are motivated, but don't have the tools or knowledge of how to curate their own movement practice to take themselves to the next level. This workshop aims to address how movement can be an extremely effective tool in providing our patients and clients with tangible and motivating methods to address their diverse challenges.
Movement is a language, and like any language, it's made up of letters, words, phrases. It takes practice and intentionality to learn how to string words together, in the same way it takes practice and intentionality to learn how to access effective and transformative movements to address pain and achieve performance.
This workshop utilizes case-based teaching and learning to inspire critical thinking and encourage participants to access their knowledge of movement and exercise and apply it to the scenarios that arise in their day-to-day practice. Participants will also have an opportunity to examine their own personal values, and how those intersect with excellence in their respective practices.
This full day intensive workshop is limited to 6 spots, intended to provide individualized and intentional feedback to all participants.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
1. Articulate the basic differences in various styles of movements with respect to various complaints.
2. Explain and demonstrate the proper technique for performing various movements,
and their usefulness in rehabilitation and/or strength training.
3. Demonstrate continued progress and development of interpersonal skills in
patient or client interactions.
4. Employ critical thinking skills when it comes to supporting athletes, clients and/or patients by accessing effective movements and exercises in creating plans for injury management and ultimately, performance.
5. Connect their own personal driving force to the motivations for their respective movement practices.
Date: Saturday June 2023 (Weekend TBD)
When: 8 am - 6 pm Eastern
Where: Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
Cost: $499+HST. Successful applicants will be provided a payment link once accepted.
Who should apply: Health Care Professionals (Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Physical/Occupational/Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Strength Coaches, Educators, etc.)